"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions for 2006


In the year 2006 I resolve to:

Fill my house with more clutter than I already have.



Get your resolution here



When we make New Year's resolutions, we do so with every intention of keeping them. But I'll wager few of us actually do.

As I was thinking about what to write for my resolutions for 2006, I tried to keep it simple, so my chances of actually following through would be greater.

My resolutions then, for 2006 are:

1) Be a better dad for my kids.
2) Spend at least 15 minutes a day reading my Bible.
3) Start to dig myself out of debt.
4) Apply to grad school to get my masters degree.
5) Get my writing career off of the ground.
7) Procrastinate less and make better use of my time.
8) Not to worry about being single in 2006. God has someone special in mind for me. Will this be the year I meet her?

Happy New Year everyone.

8 Comments:

At 01 January, 2006 14:24, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I think that's a pretty do-able list. (is that a word?) LOL

Many people have good intentions for NY resolutions, the problem... they make overly long range goals. They want to do things that are sometimes very hard to achieve. (not logical or intangible)-my opinion

 
At 01 January, 2006 23:08, Blogger Ruth said...

So... what do you want to go to grad school for... I have a masters degree and now I'm not using it so much - at least, not in a very obvious, job oriented way... Was just curious... :)

 
At 01 January, 2006 23:21, Blogger Tim said...

saafina:

I'm not going to say yet exactly what I want to go to school to get my masters for, YET. That story is a post in the making....

 
At 02 January, 2006 00:31, Blogger Ruth said...

Suspense! I look forward to finding out! :)

 
At 02 January, 2006 05:19, Blogger American Guy said...

Back when i was catholic, i used to give up my new years resolutions for lent.

 
At 02 January, 2006 09:49, Blogger Tim said...

I've never been Catholic, so I never had to give up anything for Lent. Sadly I don't even know when Lent is.

When I was a kid I used to think Lent was the same as Lint. Now why would anyone celebrate lint?

 
At 03 January, 2006 15:20, Blogger American Guy said...

don't misunderestimate lint - it's been keeping belly buttons warm for thousands of years.

 
At 03 January, 2006 15:51, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

lol

AMERICAN is my new hero!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home