"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Man Behind the Monster

Last Thursday I threatened to reveal to you more about myself, since I won't post my picture here and well, I know you are curious.

This post was inspired by a few similar lists that I saw on some blogs that I regularly read. When I read those particular posts, I thought that there was no way I could come up with as many things as they did. Then I thought about it some more (as I usually do) and it became sort of a challenge to myself. Sometime before Christmas I came up with this list, and added to it as I typed. So here goes. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;>)


  1. I am Christian.
  2. I attend a Baptist church now, becasue I disagree with some things that #3 teaches.
  3. I grew up in The Salvation Army (which is an actual church; not just kettles at Christmas).
  4. I believe that the Bible is the ultimate authority regarding all matters of the Christian faith. I believe the Bible should be interpreted hermeneutically (which is the proper term for plain, literal interpretation, using context and consistent meaning from the original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek)
  5. I believe evolution is just a theory. It is a scientific impossibility and a load of bull****.
  6. I'm 5'7" and weigh -, well let's just say I'm a short, thin, out of shape guy.
  7. I have brown hair and hazel eyes.
  8. I've had a moustache since my daughter was born in 1997.
  9. This summer I grew a fu-manchu style beard. It makes me look older (I think).
  10. I've worn glasses since the start of the sixth grade.
  11. I don't look like George Clooney, nor do I look like George from Grey's Anatomy.
  12. I don't consider myself to be an overly romantic person. I have my moments, occasionally.
  13. The few close friends I have I have known for a long time. (So if I count you as a friend, you're stuck with me, like it or not.)
  14. I don't like my middle name, even though it's also my dad's middle name. Thank god he didn't make me a junior. Then my first name would be Warren and I'd hate both my first and middle names.
  15. I'll ignore you if you address me by a certain variant of my real first name. Only a few people can call me that and get away with it. Chances are you'll not be one of them.
  16. I love to read, therefore I have a weakness when it comes to buying books.
  17. I love to watch movies, therefore I have a weakness when it comes to buying DVD's.
  18. I love the classic video game systems like Atari 2600, Nintendo, and Vectrex. I own all three and many games for the Atari & Nintendo.
  19. I have bought & sold many things on ebay under the name of john14124.
  20. My ebay username is a derivation of my favorite Bible verses (John 14: 1-4).
  21. I'm a huge procrastinator (I posted about that recently.)
  22. A few years ago I was diagnosed with having ADD. It is soooooo true.
  23. I'm intensely neurotic about some things and intensely nonchalant about other things.
  24. I was married for 9 1/2 years. For the most part, no regrets.
  25. I will have been divorced for two years on April 14, 2006.
  26. I have two children from that marriage. V, my daughter and M, my son. They are awesome kids.
  27. I love to write and want to be a published author one of these days.
  28. I'm addicted to caffeine. (Mountain Dew and Chocolate)
  29. My favorite common candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
  30. My favorite not quite so common candy is maple sugar candy.
  31. I'm right handed (left brained, I guess.)
  32. It took me three tries to get my driver's license.
  33. My half-birthday is always Christmas - so I get presents every six months. Nice and neat.
  34. I used to be more of a night owl than I am now. I still am, just not quite as bad - most of the time.
  35. I can fall asleep anywhere.
  36. I need to be doing something with my eyes 99% of the time or I get bored.
  37. The shortest job I ever had lasted for two days, then I got fired.
  38. I love to watch professional baseball and football, either in person or on television.
  39. I love to play baseball and football but am horrible at both.
  40. My favorite professional teams are the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots.
  41. I was born in Woonsocket, Rhode Island but never lived in that state.
  42. I grew up in Burlington, Massachusetts - which is roughly 20 minutes north of Boston by car.
  43. I graduated from Burlington High School, class of 1987. There were over 300 students in my graduating class. I was no where near the top 10% smartest people.
  44. I've been to Jamaica twice, Hungary, Austria, Israel and Egypt.
  45. I've never been farther west in the United States than Macomb, Illinois - and that was in 1985. (03/06 update: I've since been to Dallas, Texas which is farther west than Illinois.
  46. My favorite place to visit (so far) in the United States is Washington, D.C.
  47. The next place I want to visit is England, where most of my family comes from.
  48. My family has an official Coat-of-Arms, and it looks cool.
  49. I HATE being cold. Therefore I am not a fan of winter or anything to do with it.
  50. The longest time I spent at one employer was 5 years.
  51. I'll listen to most music, except rap and acid rock.
  52. I'll never understand the popularity or appeal of certain reality television shows. (Hello Survivor & similar.)
  53. I don't need to be rich or famous. My ego isn't that big. I just need to be able to make ends meet.
  54. My favorite food is beef. Give me a steak & potatoes any day. Or my specialty Roast beef sandwiches with the special sauce. ( I posted about this once)
  55. I also love Mexican food, Chinese food and Japanese food. Maybe there's more, but I'm not sure.
  56. The only television show I watch without missing is ALIAS. Sadly this show is ending in 2006. Other than sporting events I don't watch much television.
  57. I tried smoking ONCE. I took two puffs on a cigarette, gagged and wondered how in the heck anyone can do this or become addicted to it.
  58. I don't drink and have never had coffee. (Last thing I need is another addiction with caffeine in it)
  59. I'm not too fond of alcohol. When I drink (rarely) the taste has to be well hidden.
  60. I don't like the taste of mint/menthol. Because of this, I can only use one toothpaste - becasue I'm used to the taste.
  61. One of my favorite words is schmooze. I can't say this word without smiling.

Ok, I'm going to challenge you to make up your own list and post it on your respective blogs. Hey, if I can do this, you can too.

11 Comments:

At 05 January, 2006 21:25, Blogger Ruth said...

Great post!
Schmooze is one of my favorite words too. I like schmuck and schmutz too...

I'm wondering what toothpaste you use... I too have an aversion to some toothpastes.

Is it Richard Warren _______??? :)
Oh, who am I kidding... I know you won't tell... Surprise! My name isn't really Sarafina... I know... shocker!

 
At 05 January, 2006 21:41, Blogger Tim said...

schmuck and schmutz. Two more great words you'can't say easily while frowning.

I only use the regular flavor Colgate toothpase, primarily becasue I've been using it all of my life and I'm used to the taste.)

Warren is my dad's first name. I share my father's middle name, which he commonly uses instead of Warren.

Some people use their real names here on blogger. I might have guessed that Sarafina was an alias....

 
At 06 January, 2006 01:45, Blogger American Guy said...

I just can't help myself:

1) I would have never - ever - in 16,000 years (which is how old some of you people think the earth is, no?) have guessed that you were a christian. You hide it so well.

3) I always wondered why there was no Salvation Navy

4) So naturally, believing as you do, you never wear clothes of mixed fabric or eat pork or any of those other nasty things in Leviticus, right?

5) Like any belief system, you have a right to believe this. You also have a right to be wrong.

13) Well I guess I'm a no hoper then...

14) I was nearly named after my dad as well, which would have made me Ralph Francis the third. You got off lightly in the name department.

15) I can attest to Green's reaction here. My mum was one of the few who could get away with it. She's done the whole ashes to ashes bit now, so that's one less who can call him that now.

41) Logically, if you were born there, you lived in RI for at least as long as it took your parents to flee the state after the delivery.

42) Speaking of Burlington, I was listening to the radio here in Oz and there was a story streamed from NPR about perscription drug abuse with a dateline in our old home town. Apparently someone at the high school recently OD'd.

60) No one understands when i say i don't like mint - now i just tell people it's an allergy - it's just about the only way to keep it out of my food at resaurants.

61) My new favourite word is Qusaho. I don't know what it means, but it's the word verification thing for this post.

Qusaho Everyone!

 
At 06 January, 2006 05:43, Blogger DaBich said...

How did you come to visit Israel and Eqypt, and Hungary and Austria? I'm curious!
My hubby DISLIKES the taste of mint too. I was shocked. Now I see it's more common than I thought! You and AG don't like it either.

 
At 06 January, 2006 19:01, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I like your post. It's very informative yet still leaves alot to the imagination. Nice!

 
At 06 January, 2006 22:50, Blogger Tim said...

ag:

1. Didn't you know that I'm a closet Christian? NOT. Who cares how old the world is. But it did have a beginning. That's the essence of the debate.
3. No you didn't.
4. Actually I do. Leviticus was written for a Jewish audience (context), therefore isn't applicable to Gentiles. Jesus actually changed some of those rules in the NT and reinforced some OT rules as applicable to all.
5. I do indeed have a right to be wrong. Fortunately for me, I'm not. In that vein, you left our conversation just when it was getting interesting.
13. Yup, you are in the no hope for life club. Since you've been there so long, you've got front row seats...
14. Yes I did.
15. When I was typing that I actually thought about your mom & wondered if you'd remember that she was one of the fortunate minority. What a sweet lady she was.
41. Neither my parents or I have ever held legal residence in RI. You could say we were tourists...
42. Wow. what a small world that you'd hear a story in Oz emanating from the olde home towne.
60. I know exactly what you mean. People think I'm kidding when I say that.

 
At 07 January, 2006 05:42, Blogger American Guy said...

So if the gentiles don't need to live by the rules of the old testament, which was written for jews, then logically, heathen like me don't need to live by the rules in the new, as it was written for christians.

I'm in the clear with your god then.

(just in case...)

 
At 07 January, 2006 11:56, Blogger Tim said...

ag: always lookin' for the loopholes. Not going to work, my friend. Remember what I said about Jesus changing the Rules? The NT was written for everyone. Christians and heathens. But the story has one ending for Christians and another ending for heathens, such as yourself.
The idea/goal is that when heathens read it they won't like their ending so they want to become Christians, because the ending is far better.

The theme of the Old Testament in a nutshell is that the system of Mosaic Laws isn't good enough in the long run and points the way to the New Testament, which is better.

And yes, the Old Testament was written primarily for the Jews and the nation of Israel. Since they rejected Jesus, they reject the New Testament's message.

 
At 09 January, 2006 05:44, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh well, I'll be in suspense then :/

 
At 09 January, 2006 18:28, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: suspense about what??

 
At 13 January, 2006 07:23, Blogger Wenchy said...

My list:

http://www.geocities.com/furzl123/120_things_about_me.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home