"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Recommended Reading List #2

Many of you know that I tend to read a lot of books in the course of a year. It seems like I'm always reading something and usually have more than one book going at a time. While by no means a complete list of everything I've read, here's the second list of books that I highly recommend to anyone. This list has appeared in the sidebar of this blog for quite some time and is now being moved here to make way for the next wave of my recommendations. For your convenience, each book in this list is linked to Christian Book Distributors, where you may purchase your own copy or copies if you are so inclined, at very reasonable prices.

  • 11. What Have They Done With Jesus?


  • 12. The Truth War


  • 13. If Animals Could Talk


  • 14. Did God Use Evolution?


  • 15. Mere Christianity


  • 16. The Screwtape Letters


  • 17. The Beginning of the World


  • 18. Science and the Bible


  • 19. Darwin's Black Box


  • 20. The Lie: Evolution
  • 6 Comments:

    At 28 September, 2007 11:50, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

    do you read normal books?

     
    At 28 September, 2007 12:06, Blogger Tim said...

    depends on what you define as "normal".

     
    At 28 September, 2007 18:21, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

    I spend way too much time reading blogs these days. But I get audiobooks from the library and read what I want on my drive to and from work.

     
    At 29 September, 2007 15:31, Blogger EstherNow said...

    You have great taste in classic books, Green! I emphasize "classic" for Scribe. These are the most "normal" and "reality based" books one can read. These books: Check'em out!

     
    At 29 September, 2007 17:44, Blogger American Guy said...

    hang on - i'm picking up some sort of pattern here...

    seriously man, we get it - you believe in your god and those of us who don't are wrong wrong wrong!

    scribe is right. If you want people to think you're more than a one eyed fanatic, try talking about some other books you've read. Maybe fiction (besides the bible i mean), bios (of people we ALL agree have existed), etc.

    The kind of stuff that doesn't have an agenda.

     
    At 29 September, 2007 18:01, Blogger Tim said...

    AG: I don't really care if people think I'm a one-eyed fanatic.

    Could.
    Care.
    Less.

    and as I pointed out on GvD, the Bible is very much tied to the history of Israel. Archaeologically verifiable history. Which baffles me that you still can't comprehend that very basic fact. How you see it as a work of fiction is beyond me, unless you deny the existence of Israel.

    Not even you would be so bold.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home