"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, March 25, 2006

SNMR 1.2: "Hitch"

Tonight's SNMR feature is "Hitch" (2005, PG-13, 118 minutes) starring Will Smith, Eva Mendes, Kevin James, Amber Valletta and Julie Ann Emery. The film was directed by Andy Tennant.

I had seen the DVD in the store for several weeks and wanted to buy it, but they only had the full-screen version, until recently. So when I saw the widescreen version I snapped it up and I am glad that I did. (SNMR recommends the widescreen format DVD's whenever possible for that "movie theater" at home experience.)

Will Smith is one of today's brightest, funniest, most versatile actors. Looking through, I find several of his movies amongst my DVD collection. I haven't seen anything else that Eva Mendes has been in to date and I'm going to have to remedy that. Kevin James is equally as funny as Smith is and they play off of each other very well. Before this film I had no clue who Amber Valletta was. She does a decent job in her role which reminds me of a real life Paris Hilton. Julie Ann Emery is underrated and cute as the best friend.

From the DVD's dust jacket:

"Meet Hitch (Will Smith, I,Robot), New York City's greatest matchmaker. Love is his job and he'll get you the girl of your dreams in just three easy dates, guaranteed! And that's exactly what happens when Albert Brenneman (TV's Kevin James, "The King of Queens") wins the heart of gorgeous society heiress Allegra Cole (supermodel Amber Valletta). So when tabloid columnist Sara Melas (Eva Mendes, Stuck On You, Once Upon a Time in Mexico) decides to uncover the secret behind the tubby schlub's success, she's shocked to discover that Alex Hitchens, the charming young man she's been seeing, is the legendary date doctor himself. Exposed in a front page scoop, it's now up to Alex to try to save Albert and Allegra's relationship as well as his own. Which only goes to show that just when you think you've found true love, there's always a HITCH."


The script is excellent, very tight and well written. The pace of the movie is quick and flows very well. The cast meshes together nicely. If you like romantic comedies like I do, you will love this movie. It has quickly become one of my favorites. I highly recommend it and I'm going to give this movie five out of five stars!

14 Comments:

At 26 March, 2006 09:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one I liked. Where I didn't notice a big "spark" on camera between Simth and Mendes, Ya gotta love Kevin James. I think James and Smith had more on screen charisma then the ladder two. Still it was a cute movie that you can check your brain at the door for. I also found it to be a bit predictible but this film would probably be a great first date movie.

 
At 26 March, 2006 20:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest "Walk the line" for next Saturday night green. ***** stars. Loved it.

 
At 26 March, 2006 20:51, Blogger Tim said...

We shall see. We shall see.

 
At 26 March, 2006 22:21, Blogger Ruth said...

Walk the Line is great! Saw it just last night (letterbox style, Green!)...

 
At 27 March, 2006 05:32, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh, I loved Hitch! Funny as hell. And Walk the Line grabbed my attention...great one too!

 
At 27 March, 2006 15:24, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

sissy-ass pansy crap!!!

 
At 27 March, 2006 21:15, Blogger Tim said...

Walk the Line will be reviewed by SNMR on April 8, 2006. We aim to please.

 
At 27 March, 2006 21:18, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I don't get the fascination people had with that movie.

 
At 28 March, 2006 05:28, Blogger DaBich said...

Scribe, dahling, maybe that has something to do with the fact that your life has no romance in it.

 
At 28 March, 2006 10:24, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

No, it has to do with Wil Smith wearing out his 15 minutes of fame and now making crap for soccer moms.

 
At 28 March, 2006 16:25, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Hitch is totally my fav!! Nobody beats Will Smith. He DA Man! =)

And I saw Walk the Line as well. Very good.

 
At 28 March, 2006 18:52, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: which movie, Hitch or Walk the Line?
constant: romantic comedies are good. What other kinds of movies stress you out?
dabich: my life contains zero romance right now but I still like 'em. Maybe it has to do with scribe's EFB? Yes?
Kristi: I agree, Will Smith is cool. I like most of his movies.

 
At 28 March, 2006 19:59, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Wil Smith is a whitewashed hack. But I was referring to Walk the Line, the most irrelevant musical story in eyars.

 
At 30 March, 2006 09:54, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

o shut up, constant! you watch 24 and the shield!!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home