"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 21, 2006

SNMR 2.7: "Click"

Tonight's SNMR feature is "Click" (2006, PG-13, 107 minutes) starring Adam Sandler, Kate Beckinsale, Christopher Walken, David Hasselhoff, Henry Winkler, Julie Kavner and Sean Astin. The film was directed by Frank Coraci.

This movie didn't look appealing to me when it was playing in the theater earlier this year. I only bought it when I realized that Kate Beckinsale was in it. And that was all it took.

From the DVD's dust case:

A harried workaholic, Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) doesn't have time for his wife (Kate Beckinsale) and children, not if he's to impress his ungrateful boss and earn a well-deserved promotion. So when he meets Morty (Christopher Walken), a loopy sales clerk, he gets the answer to his prayers: a magical remote that allows him to bypass life's little distractions with increasingly hysterical results. But as Michael gleefully mutes, skips and scans past his family and his friends, the remote gradually takes over his life and begins to program him in this fast, funny and out-of-control comedy adventure.


I found myself laughing through parts of this movie and weepy eyed during other parts. I think the script is good and the movie flows well. I like Adam Sandler better as an actor with each film of his that I see. Kate Beckinsale is simply too hot and does an excellent job with her American accent. Christopher Walken is surprisingly good at comic relief. Henry Winkler and Julie Kavner make for good parents. This film was thoroughly enjoyable, though not worthy of any Oscars. I think you'll be sufficiently amused, as I was. Ill give this film four out of five stars.

2 Comments:

At 22 October, 2006 14:38, Blogger Mystical Me said...

I completely agree with you on this. I saw this movie when it first came out & I loved it. I also loved the fact that she was in it too, ;).
Take care sweetheart & I hope all is well. Love, MM XOXO

 
At 23 October, 2006 05:27, Blogger DaBich said...

Great movie, we rented it two weeks ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home