"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 01, 2007

Books of the Month - October 2007

The first book for this month's Book of the Month Selections is absolutely fantastic. The authors don't even mention God or religion for the first half of the book and do a fantastic job with convincing, logical arguments. A must read for Christians and skeptics alike.


All worldviews---including atheism---require faith. But some belief systems are more reasonable than others! Geisler and Turek make the case that Christianity requires the least faith of all because so much evidence points toward the existence of God and the reliability of Scripture. An engaging, easy-to-follow defense for Christians and very informative for skeptics.

“I already know ten people to whom I will give this book. It’s truly a Godsend.” –David Limbaugh, author, Absolute Power and Persecution, from the Foreword

“I wish [this book] had been available when I was an atheist—it would have saved a lot of time in my spiritual journey toward God!” –Lee Strobel, author, The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith

“If you’re still a skeptic after reading "I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist", then I suspect you’re living in denial!” –Josh McDowell, speaker, author, Evidence That Demands a Verdict

“Atheism requires gobs of blind faith while the path of logic and reason leads straight to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Geisler and Turek convincingly show why.” –Phillip E. Johnson, author, Darwin on Trial and Reason in the Balance

“I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist will equip, exhort, and encourage you‘to give the reason for the hope that you have . . . with gentleness and respect.’” –Hank Hanegraaff, president, The Christian Research Institute & host of the Bible Answer Man

“This book should disturb anyone claiming to be an atheist . . . perhaps enough to persuade them to begin a search for the God who has been there all along.” –Cal Thomas, syndicated columnist, host, After Hours, Fox News Channel

“Geisler and Turek present the crucial information needed to avoid being swept away by the onslaughts of secular ideologies that cast science, philosophy, and biblical studies as enemies of the Christian faith.” –William A. Dembski, author, The Design Revolution


Purchase your copy here or here.


The second book for this month was recommended to me by Esther. Donald Miller is one of her favorite authors. When she suggested I read the book, I did not know what to expect, having never read anything that the author had written previously. Obviously, I thought it was a bit off the wall but still excellent or I would not be recommending it to you.

Brokenness. We deny it, but our innumerable doubts and fears reveal its constant presence. We try and hide from it, but it's lurking behind every concealed corner. In Searching for God Knows What Donald Miller explores the countless ways that we try to fix our brokenness, which work about as well as the attempts of the king's men to put Humpty back together again, and clearly guides us to the fix we've been frantically looking for: redemption. Through clear biblical teaching and witty, engaging stories, Don Miller will help us to confess our brokenness and find the fix we've been searching for.


Get your copy here or here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 02 October, 2007 06:45, Blogger DaBich said...

I think I like Esther. :)

I wish I had more time to read.

 
At 02 October, 2007 19:51, Blogger EstherNow said...

DB: I know I like you!!! :) Do you know about Donald Miller also? Oh, I love his writing and books! I am a big fan. I don't agree with all of his politics, but he does such a fine job of expressing his views about them, that I TREMENDOUSLY respect why he believes the way he does. He is a beautiful writer and quite hilarious too! A wonderful combination!

Green: I think I know what you mean here, but could you clarify this line: "Obviously, I thought it was a bit off the wall but still excellent or I would not be recommending it to you." I think the position of "obviously" makes it seem like the book is "obviously off the wall," but I don't think that is how you mean this, right? Could you elaborate on what you thought was "off the wall"? Was it some of Miller's politics (like I said to DB above), or was it his antecdotes? Please explain. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home