"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, March 01, 2008

SNMR 4.16: "The Bourne Ultimatum"

Tonight's SNMR feature is "The Bourne Ultimatum" (2007, PG-13, 117 minutes), starring Matt Damon, Joan Allen, David Straithairn, Julia Stiles, Scott Glenn, Paddy Considine, Edgar Ramirez and Albert Finney. The film was directed by Paul Greengrass.

I did not want to see this movie in the theater this past summer because at the time I had not watched either of the first two Bourne films. When I saw Ultimatum on the three day loan shelf in my local library this week, I just had to watch it. This would have been an excellent movie to see on the big screen. Too bad I missed out.

PLOT SUMMARY:

Jason Bourne (Damon) still does not know who he is or the details of his past. But he's getting closer to the truth. The CIA still views Bourne as a threat and want to take him out...if they can find him.

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS MOVIE:

Nonstop action right from the beginning!! I liked that this movie begins minutes after Supremacy ends. The script is again well written and fast paced. The chase and fight sequences are superbly done. The location shots are real and in many cases the "extras" are real people going about their lives. I like that the same director for Supremacy also directed this film and that the director of the first Bourne film served as executive producer. It helps to maintain the vision, feel and continuity between films. I liked that the movie ended in such a way as to invite another sequel (and even a prequel, perhaps). The special features included on the disc are excellent.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS MOVIE:

It's not so much what I didn't like about this movie as what I might have added in to it. I would have liked to see Bourne have a potential new love interest here say from his hidden past who is also a part of his present reality (the possibility of which was subtly hinted at) and develop that storyline amid the chase and fight scenes. It might make an interesting prequel to develop that storyline further and invent the circumstances which drives Bourne to volunteer for work in the CIA in the first place.

***** out of *****

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 02 March, 2008 18:30, Blogger JLee said...

I totally agree with everything. I kept waiting for him and Julia Stiles to get it on! haha

 
At 02 March, 2008 23:54, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks, Jlee for picking up on that bit in the film. I watched the movie a second time with my brother and I had to point that theory out to him and when I did he thought it made sense too.

I have to admit, I was waiting for them to get it on also and was a tad disappointed when it did not happen.

 
At 03 March, 2008 11:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always the next movie for romance...

Loved this movie.

BB last night, how much did you want to smack Josh??

 
At 03 March, 2008 12:08, Blogger DaBich said...

Loved Bourne...all three of them!

 
At 03 March, 2008 19:31, Blogger scribe said...

I love it when I'm right, which is always so I am always experiencing love. Told you!!!

 
At 03 March, 2008 22:45, Blogger ConservaChick said...

Hmm, I remember renting this movie, I remember getting out the carton of rocky road, and I remember my husband telling me to get off the couch and go to bed. Must have not been a chick flick (; ~K

 
At 03 March, 2008 23:35, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: I can't stand Joshuah. What a jerk.

d: on the whole, the trilogy was excellent.

scribe: yes, you were right this time. But once is hardly cause to gloat. Anyone can get lucky once.

cc: thanks for stopping by and returning a comment here. New readers and commenters are always welcome. Come back again. and no, Ultimatum was not a chick flick. But there were chicks in it....

 
At 05 March, 2008 17:25, Blogger scribe said...

I get lucky allllll the time!!! JUst ask Rudy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home